Monday, June 6, 2011

Last Week in New York...for a bit!

Well, it's finally hot in New York. Go figure, I'm coming home Saturday... Whatever. Lol. I venture to say that I am finally getting used to all the smog, homeless people and traffic. However, I can't wait to come back home and see everyone! I've resigned my contract, so I'll be back up in NY until the end of August. So, if you haven't made your visit up here (and you know who you are), I suggest getting on the stick :)

I ventured out and went to The American Museum of Natural History and The Guggenheim last week. They were AMAZING. I enjoyed the Guggenheim more, mostly because there weren't 32 school field trips there, like the AMNH. My FAVORITE parts of that museum were the Guggunheim Hall of Minerals and the Morgam Memorial Hall of Gems. How dorky am I? I used to collect rocks back in the day... In the Guggenheim, it was amazing to see actual paintings by Van Gough, Picasso, Kadinsky, and Monet to name a few. You can only take pictures on the first level of the Guggenheim though.

Here are a few pics from that afternoon. The next blog will be all about Wayne, America. Haha :)


Central Park on the side
 On the 1.8 mile walk to the museums



 My favorite part of the AMNH
 Pearls and other stuff
 The Museum of Natural History

 First floor in the Guggenheim
The Guggenheim

No comments:

Post a Comment